What are the best knowledge transfer approaches to use within your organization?
In its article titled 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙘𝙝, APQC (American Productivity & Quality Center) lists categories with tools and techniques to help determine what could work in your organization.
There have been posts on some of the knowledge transfer approaches listed. Stay tuned for additional posts to discuss more tools and techniques.
Formal Knowledge Collection Processes
- Knowledge mapping
- Facilitated transfer of best practices
- SME/retiree knowledge transfer interviews
- After-action reviews and lessons learned capture
Expert-lead and Peer-based Processes
- Communities of practice
- Expertise location
- Enterprise social networking
Learning Sessions and Events
- Training courses
- Webinars, seminars, and presentations
- Conferences and workshops
- Collaborative or problem-solving sessions
- Content portals and libraries
- Best practices and lessons learned databases.
- Blogs and wikis
- Project and team sites
📖 To view the article, 𝘾𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙍𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙚𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙛𝙚𝙧 𝘼𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙘𝙝 in full, click https://www.apqc.org/resource-library/resource-listing/choosing-right-knowledge-transfer-approach